A client is having difficulty with muscle spasms and is being treated with methocarbamol (Robaxin). What comment by the client would indicate to the nurse that the client did not understand the precautions regarding this medication?

A client is having difficulty with muscle spasms and is being treated with methocarbamol (Robaxin). What comment by the client would indicate to the nurse that the client did not understand the precautions regarding this medication?




1. "I understand I should not drive when I take this medication."
2. "I know I should not drink any alcohol while I am taking this medication."
3. "I will get up carefully in case I get dizzy."
4. "I will continue to take care of my 3-month-old grandson."


Answer: 4

Caring for a 3-month-old will require mental alertness and physically carrying the infant. The client cannot afford to be drowsy and fall asleep or to stumble and fall with the infant. The client should avoid driving and alcohol intake. There may be significant CNS depression, so the client should be careful when ambulating.


Learn More :