Which of the following statements by the client who has recently had a total hip replacement indicates that the client does not understand the mobility limitations?

Which of the following statements by the client who has recently had a total hip replacement indicates that the client does not understand the mobility limitations?




1. "I should not bend down to put on shoes or socks."
2. "It is okay to cross my legs if I am sitting in a chair."
3. "I should put a pillow between my legs when lying on my side.
4. "I should not sit in low chairs or on toilet seats that are low."


Answer: 2

Clients with total hip replacement should not bring their operative leg across midline, which may result in a prosthesis dislocation. Clients should maintain abduction (pillow between legs) and use elevated toilet seats. Crossing the legs is adduction, which is contraindicated for this client.


Learn More :